AN/USM-708 Ramp Test Set
The AN/USM-708 is the next generation in ground support test equipment.
Designed by an established and well-recognised company with 50 years of experience in the design and manufacture of aviation ground support and bench test equipment, the AN/USM-708 Multi-Function Test Set provides unsurpassed reliability and ruggedness.
The AN/USM-708's large 6" colour LCD (NVG-compatible) screen and surrounding soft-keys and keyboard provide easy and quick access to all the test screen menus and display options, affording single man operation, instant results, and a host of pre-programmed and manually variable parameters to meet the most demanding requirements for testing of airborne avionic and communication equipment.
Based on an up-to-date technology and digital architecture, the AN/USM-708 is a leap forward in precision testing of the following systems:
- Transponder: Modes 1, 2, 3/A, C, 4 Mode S, EHS (Enhanced Surveillance) and Mode 5
- Interrogator: Modes 1, 2, 3/A, C, 4, Mode S, Mode 5, TCAS & ETCAS, Shipboard Processor
- ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) TX & RX
- Navigation: VOR, ILS, LOC, GS, MB, TACAN, VSWR
- ADF (Automatic Direction Finder)
- Over-the-Air and Direct Connect methods
- Rugged and durable MIL-PRF-28800F, Class 1 package
- Remote Firmware upgrades via the internet/CD-Rom
- Extensive built-in diagnostics
- Expandable capabilities (HAVEQUICK, Link-11, 16, 22 , SINCGARS and communications planned)
- Mode 4 and Mode 5 U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) AIMS International Program Office approved
- Utilises KIV-78 appliqué for Mode 5 Interrogator and Transponder tests (not included)
- Ideally suited for any temperature or region due to its self-calibrating software
- Built-in battery charger and three front-panel replaceable lithium ion batteries (included)