Blue Star offers expert Energy Management solutions for the corporate and commercial sector. Some of the services offered have been enumerated below:
- Energy Modeling of Buildings: Blue Star offers energy modeling of buildings, which is primarily used at the design stage of the building to identify energy efficient and economical measures that can be implemented in the building.
- Power Quality Audit: Blue Star conducts power quality audits which entail determining any power quality problems that may exist in the facility and providing solutions to mitigate the same.
- ASHRAE Energy Audits: ASHRAE Level I audit by Blue Star includes the preliminary energy usage analysis for suggesting low-cost/no-cost measures and potential capital improvements. A Level II audit is more detailed, entailing energy calculations and financial analysis of proposed energy efficiency measures.
Blue Star also offers some energy savers for your existing air conditioners or refrigerators. Those are as below:
Blue Star iControl Building Energy Management System:
iControl – Blue Star’s user-friendly Building Energy Management System (BEMS) is a complete hardware, software, and services solution that delivers the granular visibility, actionable analysis, and intelligent control capabilities to manage your facility's key energy endpoints, with a focus on HVAC and major loads. A cloud-based application, iControl manages all your green resources for you – energy, water, air, gas and carbon.
iControl captures valuable information about energy consumption patterns and environmental conditions within the facility that enables insights and smart controls to fine-tune and deliver harmonised energy efficiency. iControl also offers compliance to utility-led DSM programs.
Over 10,000 tons of HVAC systems use iControl as on date, and average a saving of 10-15%, using an array of innovative controllers designed to cut energy costs. Depending upon tonnage, iControl pays for itself by way of energy savings in a very short period of just 18-24 months.
iControl has been successfully deployed at large commercial sites such as hotels, hospitals, office-buildings, shopping malls, auditoriums & banquet halls across India. Unique sensor-based hardware and software products are designed specifically for the challenging Indian market. Advanced wireless devices help in faster deployment even in large buildings, without causing any disruptions in your day-to-day operations.
Energy Saving Condenser Management Systems (Articmaster):
To ensure that your air cooled and water cooled systems remain efficient and save you power, we bring you condenser management systems.
Blue Star’s Articmaster directly optimises the performance of the refrigerant, saving energy by utilising the reduction in pressure,which in turn leads to greater life expectancy of the compressor.
Articmaster increases the condensing area by pushing the liquid refrigerant from the condenser. The increased condensing area makes the discharge pressure drop which in turn reduces the power drawn by the compressor and reduces the temperature of the refrigerant as well due to better condensation. This in turn increases the compressor’s life expectancy.
- Reduction of head pressure
- Reduction in amperage draw
- Increased capacity of the condenser
- Cooler supply temperature
- Approximately 20-35% energy savings
- Increased average BTU output per run cycle
- Reduction in compressor cycles
- Reduction in equipment failure
- Does not void HVAC warranty
Ecosaver - Energy Saver for split, window and packaged ACs:
As we all know, air conditioning accounts for 70-80% of the electricity bill of most facilities. And the Blue Star EcoSaver can help you cut between 10 and 15% off that bill over a typical year.
The Blue Star EcoSaver is a unique, state-of-the-art energy saving device designed specifically to save energy on all split AC installations – including towers, cassettes, ductables and packaged air conditioners – from 1 to 20 ton capacity. It can be used with window ACs too.
When a typical cooling cycle starts, the compressor charges cooling energy into the heat exchanger. At this stage the system works at high efficiency because compressors operate most efficiently when fully loaded. In normal weather conditions, the heat exchanger is soon fully charged with chilled refrigerant and is thermally saturated. From this point on, the compressor tries to provide more cooling energy than the heat exchanger can absorb – and thermal saturation occurs. Running the compressor beyond this point is of no benefit. It does not provide any more cooling, resulting in a waste of energy.
Through a sensor-driven software algorithm designed to detect thermal saturation in the heat exchanger, the Blue Star EcoSaver detects when the evaporator coil is saturated with chilled energy and then cuts off the compressor. It thus keeps the coil optimally charged while eliminating the wasteful run of the compressor.
Since the fan continues to run and the heat exchanger is saturated with chilled refrigerant, cool air continues to be supplied. The system thus makes maximum use of the cooling energy stored in the heat exchanger. Once the stored “cool” energy in the heat exchanger is depleted, the compressor is switched on again and the cycle repeats.
Attractive savings are thus achieved without compromising cooling comfort.
Since the exact point at which thermal saturation occurs varies for each machine and different weather conditions, the Blue Star EcoSaver incorporates dynamic software that constantly adapts its working to ensure that the air conditioner operates most efficiently at all times and in all conditions, thus saving considerable amounts of power.
Installation of the EcoSaver is simple. It is easily retrofitted on to existing air conditioners.
Features & Benefits
- Unique, state-of-the-art energy-saving device designed specifically to save energy on all window, split and ductable air conditioners from 1 to 20 ton capacity
- Detects when the evaporator coil is saturated with chilled energy and then cuts off the compressor
- Keeps coil optimally charged eliminating wasteful run of compressor
- Not a timer based device that merely switches the air conditioner off periodically compromising cooling comfort and temperature level
- Pays for itself in less than 12 months in direct savings on energy bills alone
- Qualifies for 80% depreciation in the first year
Most commercial AC installations – big or small – find their power bills inflated due to one simple reason: lower-than-recommended setting of the desired temperature.
Every degree set lower on the desired temperature than recommended for comfort results in an increase in running of the air conditioning system by 8 to 15% on an annualised basis, and a corresponding increase in power bills.
This problem occurs despite trained operators in larger facilities, and is very prevalent where individuals manage the operation of their own respective units.
Blue Star Green Lock is a simple but elegant solution that ensures that the set temperature is locked at the recommended level, ensuring optimal power consumption by the air conditioning system.
The Blue Star Green Lock is ideal for use with all air conditioning systems, especially splits.
Installed by an easy retrofit, Green Lock is used by the supervisor to set the recommended temperature setting, after which it ensures that the main controller’s set temperature point is locked and cannot be modified except by the supervisor himself.
Features & Benefits:
- Easy to retrofit
- Saves between 8 and 15% power over a typical year
- Memory to retain setting through power cuts
- Auto operation in case of sensor error
- Wide temperature range of operation
Blue Star PowerSmart:
Commercial refrigeration systems are designed to store food products at a pre-determined temperature, in order to extend their shelf life. In almost all cases a thermostat is used to determine changes in air temperature, cycling the compressor on and off to maintain that level.
By maintaining the temperature of the air inside the cabinet at a preset level it is anticipated that any stored food will take on the same temperature. However, due to the differing thermal characteristics of air to most food products, air temperature is rarely an accurate measure of food temperature.
The Blue Star PowerSmart is a Refrigeration Energy Saver that helps you save between 12 and 20% power over a typical year by offering a simple yet smart solution to the conventional process in refrigeration systems.
A retrofit device that contains a high-tech food simulant with the same thermal characteristics (thermal conductivity and thermal mass) as typical food products, the Blue Star PowerSmart is simple to install: just insert the Thermistor (or the probe of the Controller Thermostat) into the PowerSmart which has a guide for easy probe insertion.
This ensures that the refrigerator reacts to changes in food temperature, not air, resulting in a more efficient refrigeration cycle, where the individual compressor cycle lasts longer but frequency is reduced by up to 80%.
This results in high energy savings without any compromise to food safety and quality.
Features & Benefits
- Retrofit device that is simple to install
- Zero maintenance, since no electrical or mechanical parts
- More efficient refrigeration cycle
- Reduced energy consumption by between 12 to 20% on annualised basis
- Improved equipment reliability
- Enhanced control of the temperature of stored food products
- High-grade, food safe ABS plastic housing
- Advanced, food-safe wax food simulant to mimic thermodynamic properties of food
- Positioning guides throughout unit to ensure central positioning of the temperature probe
- High tech seal to hold probe centrally within PSCU and retain wax